Why I love my internship.
Because of my colleagues! :) I'm really glad that they all treat me very well, and sometimes bring me to places to eat, play and have fun.
Some of us went for a barbecue at a water catchment area (南马场水库)in the Beijing suburb of Mentougou (门头沟) on Sunday. It's not too far away from the city, and I think it's a decent place. Although there's nothing much, the company more than made up for it :) It was my first time going for a barbecue here so it was quite cool, I felt :) Really, the food was nice too. Other than the chicken wings, which my Rachel姐姐 marinated, and the sausages, the rest were bought from those 烤串儿店, so they were really yummy! haha :P



And we went to sing karaoke after that, stayed all the way till 11pm...and I could really feel the patriotism when they sang 歌唱祖国. HAHA. I almost wanted to faint and die there, I mean, it's really THE Chinese kind of 爱国歌 leh!! haha :P It was quite an experience listening to it. LOL.
It's kinda depressing when I think about the fact I have less than a month left in Beijing. If you ask me what I would miss about this place, I would tell you it's the people at the office. Although I'm not close to everyone, I really think it's a pretty conducive workplace, everyone so harmonious and friendly, no office politics at all, how nice :) And the times I've spent with my colleagues outside work have all been very fun and memorable. More often than not, I always leave the office or part with my colleagues with a smile on my face because I would think about the silly and funny things they do.
Seriously, I think I've gotten so used to life here that I really don't have much impression of the places of attractions like a tourist should. I can really feel myself fitting in here, just that I don't like the negativity some people give me when they realised I've pretty much immersed myself in this culture. But hey, cultural immersion was the aim of the programme right? LOL :P
Alright, back to happy things. My colleague says we'll organise another event before I go. WHOPEE! :)
P.S. I'll upload the rest of the photos on FB soon! :)
Till then, cheers! :)
Some of us went for a barbecue at a water catchment area (南马场水库)in the Beijing suburb of Mentougou (门头沟) on Sunday. It's not too far away from the city, and I think it's a decent place. Although there's nothing much, the company more than made up for it :) It was my first time going for a barbecue here so it was quite cool, I felt :) Really, the food was nice too. Other than the chicken wings, which my Rachel姐姐 marinated, and the sausages, the rest were bought from those 烤串儿店, so they were really yummy! haha :P
It's kinda depressing when I think about the fact I have less than a month left in Beijing. If you ask me what I would miss about this place, I would tell you it's the people at the office. Although I'm not close to everyone, I really think it's a pretty conducive workplace, everyone so harmonious and friendly, no office politics at all, how nice :) And the times I've spent with my colleagues outside work have all been very fun and memorable. More often than not, I always leave the office or part with my colleagues with a smile on my face because I would think about the silly and funny things they do.Seriously, I think I've gotten so used to life here that I really don't have much impression of the places of attractions like a tourist should. I can really feel myself fitting in here, just that I don't like the negativity some people give me when they realised I've pretty much immersed myself in this culture. But hey, cultural immersion was the aim of the programme right? LOL :P
Alright, back to happy things. My colleague says we'll organise another event before I go. WHOPEE! :)
P.S. I'll upload the rest of the photos on FB soon! :)
Till then, cheers! :)
Labels: day 134 in Beijing

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home