Hello again!
I'm terribly sorry for the lack of updates, I really wanted to update earlier, but for some reason, blogger has been BLOCKED! arghh. And the ban is still not lifted actually. I'm circumventing the ban by using some add-on thingy. Oh well.
Anyway, quite a lot has happened since the last time I updated.
Firstly, I attended my colleague's wedding lunch - yea, they do lunches instead of dinner here in China (of course, there are a few exceptions, like maybe in Shanghai). When I got there, the first thing I noticed was everyone dressed very casually like just T-shirt and jeans. To think I actually put on a skirt. LOL :P Well, maybe cos it's just a reception kind of thing, so there's no need to be too formal because the "actual" wedding was already held in Mianyang earlier. See, that's the problem when you live in a country as big as China because you may be working in Beijing, but your hometown is actually somewhere in some other province so you end up having to hold many wedding receptions and blah blah. There was A LOT of food at the wedding reception, and I don't think there was any dish that's the same as what we eat at wedding dinners in Singapore. Hmm. But the food was still nice! hahaha :P I love the 八宝饭 (eight treasures rice)!And the lunch was over in less than 2 hours. LOL :P
Then I went to visit the 798 art district with Yin Yin on one the Sundays. It was a lazy afternoon, no agenda, no rush, just walk and stop as and when we like. What left the deepest impression was a place where we could send letters to the future. Huh, you say. Well, it's like, you can write a letter to someone now, but you can ask for it to be delivered to that someone on a day that's within a year from now. Understand? :)
And I also went for a retreat with some of my colleagues to Huairou, in the suburbs of Beijing. It was just a walk around, do nothing, have lunch, play real-life CS. So it was really a rest and relax kind of thing. It was fun and enjoyable, the only thing was, I FELL DOWN FLAT EVEN BEFORE THE GAME STARTED -_- For some reason, I slipped and fell and I totally didn't have time to react and break the fall. There's a big blue-black and some cuts on my thigh now -_- It's very ugly lor. RAHHH.
I can't upload photos here, so I shall give you the links to my facebook albums :) I recommend that you see the CS album cos I think some of the photos are quite cute! haha :P
Here you go:
睿's wedding + 798 art district, click http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=506367185&ref=profile#/album.php?aid=97269&id=506367185.
Huairou excursion, click http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=97861&id=506367185&l=36dc9059f8. Now I realise, I can't just hyperlink it, I need to paste the full link because if not, you need to have a facebook account before you can look at my photos :)
Anyway, quite a lot has happened since the last time I updated.
Firstly, I attended my colleague's wedding lunch - yea, they do lunches instead of dinner here in China (of course, there are a few exceptions, like maybe in Shanghai). When I got there, the first thing I noticed was everyone dressed very casually like just T-shirt and jeans. To think I actually put on a skirt. LOL :P Well, maybe cos it's just a reception kind of thing, so there's no need to be too formal because the "actual" wedding was already held in Mianyang earlier. See, that's the problem when you live in a country as big as China because you may be working in Beijing, but your hometown is actually somewhere in some other province so you end up having to hold many wedding receptions and blah blah. There was A LOT of food at the wedding reception, and I don't think there was any dish that's the same as what we eat at wedding dinners in Singapore. Hmm. But the food was still nice! hahaha :P I love the 八宝饭 (eight treasures rice)!And the lunch was over in less than 2 hours. LOL :P
Then I went to visit the 798 art district with Yin Yin on one the Sundays. It was a lazy afternoon, no agenda, no rush, just walk and stop as and when we like. What left the deepest impression was a place where we could send letters to the future. Huh, you say. Well, it's like, you can write a letter to someone now, but you can ask for it to be delivered to that someone on a day that's within a year from now. Understand? :)
And I also went for a retreat with some of my colleagues to Huairou, in the suburbs of Beijing. It was just a walk around, do nothing, have lunch, play real-life CS. So it was really a rest and relax kind of thing. It was fun and enjoyable, the only thing was, I FELL DOWN FLAT EVEN BEFORE THE GAME STARTED -_- For some reason, I slipped and fell and I totally didn't have time to react and break the fall. There's a big blue-black and some cuts on my thigh now -_- It's very ugly lor. RAHHH.
I can't upload photos here, so I shall give you the links to my facebook albums :) I recommend that you see the CS album cos I think some of the photos are quite cute! haha :P
Here you go:
睿's wedding + 798 art district, click http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=506367185&ref=profile#/album.php?aid=97269&id=506367185.
Huairou excursion, click http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=97861&id=506367185&l=36dc9059f8. Now I realise, I can't just hyperlink it, I need to paste the full link because if not, you need to have a facebook account before you can look at my photos :)
Labels: day 109 in Beijing

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home