layming the jetsetter.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

counting down: 3 months!

Just sent my parents off to the airport this afternoon. Happy times are always short-lived, the last six days went by in a whirlwind, but I'm so glad my family came to visit me here in Beijing - ah boy, why you not here ah?! - it's like a half-time break. haha. Now it's about midway through my internship, and I'm going to be home in about 3 months' time! :) Anyway, just thought I'd better share some of the happenings over the last six days when I still have time :)

I went to school on the second day so my sister brought my parents to Temple of Heaven :)
Daddy, why are you hugging that thing! LOL :P

We went to Summer Palace on the third day...
But I think the highlight of the holiday has to be the trip to the Mutianyu section of the Great Wall! Seriously, it was so fun and interesting! hahaha :P

First of all, we took this to get up! It was quite an experience. haha :PThe steps were actually pretty steep at some parts, so proud that my parents could actually make it up there! :)
My mum wanted to imitate my sister, but my sister screamed, "copycat!" so my mum came up with this:
hahaha :PThere was a sign that read, "Not open to the public - no admittance" but we walked beyond it anyway and got to this place that my sister say it felt like it's the end of the world! hahaha :P
If only the weather was better, then these photos would look very good!

And I love this shot! So pretty! Must thank da jie for taking this :)
Haha, I think the Mutianyu section of the Great Wall is really fun because not only do you get to take the ski lift up, you can take the tobaggan down! Very interesting! hahaha :P Apparently, my mum wanted to go faster, but my dad kept telling her to "slowly, slowly!" hahaha. They are really cute.
Then we went to the Olympic Park area, just to look at the Bird's Nest and the Water Cube :) Yes, my mum's wearing a scarf. hahaha. She's quite intolerant of cold I realise.
My dad ah...really doesn't like to take photos I think. haha :P He doesn't smile, and sometimes he doesn't even look at the camera, like in here -_-

This was taken at the Olympic Park near my place. The blocks of apartments you see in the background is where I stay :) It's very funny because my dad actually wanted to take a photo at this place when he took a walk with my mum one morning. But he didn't know how to operate the camera -_- so I took it for them this afternoon. hahaha :P I guess no matter where you are, how far you go, how long you stay out there for, your heart will always know where home is! :)
Till the next time then, my friends! :)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]