layming the jetsetter.

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Shidu in photos!

Yea, I'm becoming lazy when it comes to blogging, so different from when I was in Hong Kong huh? hahaha :P I think it's because I'm working now and not merely slacking on exchange so I get tired by the time I reach home. haha :P Okay yes, you are going to say that's just an excuse. Whatever la, I'm going to try and condense our trip to Shidu in 5 photos. hahaha :P

Okay Shidu is this place in Fangshan District in Beijing. It's about 2 and a half hours away from the city centre if the traffic is smooth. But because it was the May Day holidays when we went, we were stuck in the traffic for 5 hours. -sweats-

Nothing much happened on the first day, we only visited this theme park where some brave souls in our group did the bungee. They probably would have looked like this too if I saw them jump:
I cannot imagine the adrenaline rush, and the feeling of having your heart in your mouth (or is it stomach? haha :P) -_-

And this was taken at the peak of 东湖港 (dong hu gang). Every time I climb a mountain now, I think about how I managed to make it up to Mount Kinabalu in the past. I must have aged a lot. Sigh. LOL :P
And bamboo rafting was interesting too! hahaha :P It was funny how all 13 of us had to squeeze onto one raft, and try to balance the weight so that water would not seep in. Yea yea, cheap thrill I know. hahaha :P
And we went horse-riding at 孤山寨 (gu shan zhai)!
I tell you, standing under this waterfall is no joke, it's cold and it can really get you all drenched -_- But it's fun! haha :P

Alright now, I realise I can't tell the story in 5 photos, make that under 10 then. haha :P

And this is actually from a series of very-difficult-to-get-it-right jumping shots. This would have been a pretty nice photo if not for Shunyu who decided to be funny -_-
And then we had a campfire where we roasted marshmallows and played 2 truths and 1 lie! Someone, ahem, actually said 3 truths...but wasn't caught by the rest for being a gong gong. hahaha :P
And then we wrapped up our trip with a picnic in the park! :) I like this photo for you see, if you look carefully, these guys all have food in their mouths, and their expressions are almost the same! hahaha :P
Okay that basically sums up the Shidu trip! :) It wasn't particularly breathtaking, but then the company was great and some of the sights were good so I enjoyed myself :) And since I'm usually the photographer when it comes to excursions like this, that's why I usually take self-portraits of myself. hahaha :P So I guess it's appropriate that I end this entry with one right! hahhaa :P But before that, just to give you an idea of what Shidu looks like....
If I'm not wrong, it's called Guilin of the north :)As usual, if you want to see more photos, please go here, here and here! :) Alright then, till the next time, take care my friends! :)

Oh oh oh, I forgot to say...I'm going to Bangladesh end July! hahaha :P It's with the school, we are going there as part of the GO-FAR team. I know it's kinda off the beaten track, but I guess since I'm young and healthy now, I should make use of all the opportunities I have to see the world right! :) I hope my not being able to attend the pre-departure meetings will not change their decision to let me go!!! :) But then, when you gain something, you lose something. I won't be able to stay in China for long after I end my internship. I probably have to return to Singapore within a week after I end, and prepare for this trip...What a busy, but fulfilling semester I have here! :)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]