hello again.
I know I really should have updated this space earlier, but since I returned from Jiuzhaigou, I really haven't had time to do anything else other than work. Okay let's just say blogging has taken a backseat.
I guess there isn't much point for me to write about Jiuzhaigou now, but I shall just type a note that I wrote on the arduous 10++-hour drive from Chengdu to Jiuzhaigou.

4月3日 0935h
从成都前往牟尼沟的途中,我们经过了去年四川512大地震的震中心: 映秀。眼睛看到的,都是塌了的房子、塌了的道路,一堆废墟。顿时,心里有很多感触。我万万也没想到自己在大地震发生后的一年内有机会亲身体会到当时地震所带来的破坏。经过灾区时,心里有很多感触,但我想我所感受到的远远不及当地人当时所承受的痛苦。即使已经快一年了,但我想这里的人,心里还是痛的,而这痛应该还会持续好几年吧?因为如果连我这外人也会触景生情,那这里的人要用多少时间才能走出那丧失子女、亲人、朋友的痛呢?
记得小时候到日本参观了某地震的展览,但那都是经过包装的,根本不能和现在在四川看到的比较。我在路上看到了很多鼓励当地人的话,如"没什么困难能难倒英雄的中国人民 - 明天会更好",也看到了有关当局对人们的承诺,"誓重建家园"类似的话。但愿幸存的人们能够快快地走出阴霾,更勇敢地活下去。
在这一段来京的日子里,我似乎为自己找到了一个人生目标。我想我以后可能会加入NGO之类的组织,因为世上有太多需要我们帮助的人了。这是我在这里参加了一些NGO的发布会、接触了一些从事NGO工作的人后,由衷想要做的。至少现在这感觉还蛮强烈的。我最喜欢这种发现自我,认识自己的感觉了。
I stopped writing here because the car started moving and it was very difficult to write, but I guess I more or less penned down what I wanted to say. For those who don't read Chinese, the chunk above is basically a record of the thoughts I had when we passed by the Sichuan earthquake epicentre on our way from Chengdu to Jiuzhaigou.
It was very saddening to see collapsed houses and roads, and debris strewn all over. I can only imagine how painful it must have been for the locals, but I guess I will never be able to fully understand the kind of pain they had to bear when 512 happened. I don't know how long it will take the locals to move on with their lives, but I sincerely hope they get enough courage to walk out of it very soon.
I think one of the biggest takeaways for my stay in Beijing is the fact that I've seemed to have found something I want to do after I finish my bond. And that is to work with a NGO! After attending several press conferences held by NGOs, and meeting some people who work with NGOs, I suddenly realised that there are a lot of things we can do to give back to society so perhaps it's really time to have both talk and action and not just talk only! haha :P
Hmmm there really isn't much to talk about, other than the fact that the Tibetan dinner was memorable - I got married there, believe it or not! and that I totally love the Panda Lake in Jiuzhaigou for its calcium-carbonate-blue-water, and the reflections! :)

This is....oh man, I can't rmb where this is in Jiuzhaigou. haha :P But it's pretty huh? :)
Well, you know, I took more than 800 photos on the trip, it's impossible for me to show you everything here, so these are the places you should go to if you want to see my photos: here, here, here, here, here and here. Those having exams, please don't be distracted by these links. Those busy at work, please don't let your boss catch you surfing facebook. haha so please take a look at my 600 photos when you are free hor! :)
Anyway, my parents and sister arrived in Beijing yesterday and I'm so happy because I get to see them after 2 months, and I get to eat all the good food! haha :P
Okay I'm really exhausted already, my eyes are closing, so I really have to go sleep now! Need to wake up at 715am for school! :(
Till the next post, take care my friends! :)

I guess there isn't much point for me to write about Jiuzhaigou now, but I shall just type a note that I wrote on the arduous 10++-hour drive from Chengdu to Jiuzhaigou.
从成都前往牟尼沟的途中,我们经过了去年四川512大地震的震中心: 映秀。眼睛看到的,都是塌了的房子、塌了的道路,一堆废墟。顿时,心里有很多感触。我万万也没想到自己在大地震发生后的一年内有机会亲身体会到当时地震所带来的破坏。经过灾区时,心里有很多感触,但我想我所感受到的远远不及当地人当时所承受的痛苦。即使已经快一年了,但我想这里的人,心里还是痛的,而这痛应该还会持续好几年吧?因为如果连我这外人也会触景生情,那这里的人要用多少时间才能走出那丧失子女、亲人、朋友的痛呢?
记得小时候到日本参观了某地震的展览,但那都是经过包装的,根本不能和现在在四川看到的比较。我在路上看到了很多鼓励当地人的话,如"没什么困难能难倒英雄的中国人民 - 明天会更好",也看到了有关当局对人们的承诺,"誓重建家园"类似的话。但愿幸存的人们能够快快地走出阴霾,更勇敢地活下去。
在这一段来京的日子里,我似乎为自己找到了一个人生目标。我想我以后可能会加入NGO之类的组织,因为世上有太多需要我们帮助的人了。这是我在这里参加了一些NGO的发布会、接触了一些从事NGO工作的人后,由衷想要做的。至少现在这感觉还蛮强烈的。我最喜欢这种发现自我,认识自己的感觉了。
I stopped writing here because the car started moving and it was very difficult to write, but I guess I more or less penned down what I wanted to say. For those who don't read Chinese, the chunk above is basically a record of the thoughts I had when we passed by the Sichuan earthquake epicentre on our way from Chengdu to Jiuzhaigou.
It was very saddening to see collapsed houses and roads, and debris strewn all over. I can only imagine how painful it must have been for the locals, but I guess I will never be able to fully understand the kind of pain they had to bear when 512 happened. I don't know how long it will take the locals to move on with their lives, but I sincerely hope they get enough courage to walk out of it very soon.
I think one of the biggest takeaways for my stay in Beijing is the fact that I've seemed to have found something I want to do after I finish my bond. And that is to work with a NGO! After attending several press conferences held by NGOs, and meeting some people who work with NGOs, I suddenly realised that there are a lot of things we can do to give back to society so perhaps it's really time to have both talk and action and not just talk only! haha :P
Hmmm there really isn't much to talk about, other than the fact that the Tibetan dinner was memorable - I got married there, believe it or not! and that I totally love the Panda Lake in Jiuzhaigou for its calcium-carbonate-blue-water, and the reflections! :)
Well, you know, I took more than 800 photos on the trip, it's impossible for me to show you everything here, so these are the places you should go to if you want to see my photos: here, here, here, here, here and here. Those having exams, please don't be distracted by these links. Those busy at work, please don't let your boss catch you surfing facebook. haha so please take a look at my 600 photos when you are free hor! :)
Anyway, my parents and sister arrived in Beijing yesterday and I'm so happy because I get to see them after 2 months, and I get to eat all the good food! haha :P
Okay I'm really exhausted already, my eyes are closing, so I really have to go sleep now! Need to wake up at 715am for school! :(
Till the next post, take care my friends! :)
Labels: day 74 in Beijing

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home