Backtrack 2: Happy times with my colleagues.
So I said I'll finish up on China before I leave for Bangladesh right? Yea, I'm flying to Bangladesh tomorrow night, so here I am, trying to put in just one last entry on my GIP experience in China. The photos for this entry were taken during the last few days at work, and in these are the people who have made my stay in Beijing so fun and so memorable.
Thanks to some unpleasant encounters in Shanghai, I was apprehensive about this trip, and didn't really expect to (Before I can even finish typing this paragraph, all the 5 photos are uploaded already. FAST, compared to when I was in China....) meet such nice people, much less have them as my colleagues. Everyday, I looked forward to going to work, and I always tried my very best to make it back to office in time for lunch just so that I could lunch with my colleagues, and listen to them talk about funny things. Actually, I think the main conversation topic is actually marriage, and childbearing -_- hahaha. Can't fault them because most of my colleagues are ladies at the age of 27, 28, so naturally, these topics came up. Although I almost always had nothing to contribute to the conversation, I still had a lot of fun just by listening in. Heh :)
Anyway, I've established good relationships with my colleagues, but the thing is, now I'm no longer physically in the office anymore, so I can only keep in contact with them on MSN, which gets a little difficult after a while, if you get what I mean. Oh, did I mention that they actually miss me? But it's cos they don't have anyone to help them get fruits after lunch now -_-
Me with some of my colleagues at the entrance to our small little cramped office on the 20th floor of the RBC building.
Me in the recording studio - if you can even call it a studio - doing dubbing for my colleague's report, all part and parcel of my job, though I speak no American- or British-accented English.
Me with my favourite receptionists!!! Don't know why, but I just liked to see them every time I went in to work! hahaha :P And the one on the left could actually remember my 11-digit mobile phone number by end June, so I didn't have to recite it anymore every time I exchanged my NTU matric card for a sticker to go into the building.
Me in a self-taken shot with Summar (centre), the first one I followed on assignment, and Wendy姐姐, one of the colleagues I'm closest to.
Me with some of my colleagues on the Saturday before I left Beijing for home in Singapore! Totally love all my colleagues and the time I spent at Radio 774 man! :)
Again, as always, you can check out the rest of the photos on facebook:
My last few days in Beijing - http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=109363&id=506367185&l=ec5d4f1b10
My happy times at Radio 774 - http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=109417&id=506367185&l=e37b54faa2
Okay okay, this hasn't been a very substantial post, but my point was just to clear the backlog for China so that I can talk about Bangladesh the next time I blog here! :) So that means, it's time to change the title for this blog too. Any suggestions, anyone? :)
Thanks to some unpleasant encounters in Shanghai, I was apprehensive about this trip, and didn't really expect to (Before I can even finish typing this paragraph, all the 5 photos are uploaded already. FAST, compared to when I was in China....) meet such nice people, much less have them as my colleagues. Everyday, I looked forward to going to work, and I always tried my very best to make it back to office in time for lunch just so that I could lunch with my colleagues, and listen to them talk about funny things. Actually, I think the main conversation topic is actually marriage, and childbearing -_- hahaha. Can't fault them because most of my colleagues are ladies at the age of 27, 28, so naturally, these topics came up. Although I almost always had nothing to contribute to the conversation, I still had a lot of fun just by listening in. Heh :)
Anyway, I've established good relationships with my colleagues, but the thing is, now I'm no longer physically in the office anymore, so I can only keep in contact with them on MSN, which gets a little difficult after a while, if you get what I mean. Oh, did I mention that they actually miss me? But it's cos they don't have anyone to help them get fruits after lunch now -_-
Again, as always, you can check out the rest of the photos on facebook:
My last few days in Beijing - http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=109363&id=506367185&l=ec5d4f1b10
My happy times at Radio 774 - http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=109417&id=506367185&l=e37b54faa2
Okay okay, this hasn't been a very substantial post, but my point was just to clear the backlog for China so that I can talk about Bangladesh the next time I blog here! :) So that means, it's time to change the title for this blog too. Any suggestions, anyone? :)
Labels: days 158 - 160 in Beijing

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home