Summer Palace in pictures.
We went to Summer Palace yesterday, and we were lucky to meet this Chinese student who was interning as a tour guide, so we had a 1-hour tour free-of-charge! :) Without her, I think we would just be wondering around, looking at the sights without knowing what we are looking at. haha :P I don't have much to say, other than the fact that the palace compound is really beautiful, and I think it's very much worth the 20RMB entrance fee! :) If only there were clear blue skies and fewer visitors yesterday. I hope that when I bring my parents there, the weather will be good so that the photos will be more attractive! :)
I can't remember what this hall was for, but then the throne on which Empress Dowager Cixi sat is still in there!



Even though we are only here for a semester, but we are still Tsinghua students! hahaha :P There was an old uncle who wrote these calligraphic words on the ground using a big fat brush :)
And because spring is here, there are peach blossoms everywhere. I love it when I see a street lined with peach blossom trees! :)


And then there's a series of random shots...
Don't ask me what this is! LOL. Only Auntie Man didn't know they were supposed to try and be funny for the camera, but I guess she still fitted in quite well. hahaha :P
And then there's kungfu...
with this being the most memorable! hahaha :P
It was a great day out, and if you want to look at more pictures, please go here and here! :)
And happy birthday to Yong Cheng (the one whose eyes cannot be seen :P) in advance! :)
Alright, till the next time then, my friends! :)

I can't remember what this hall was for, but then the throne on which Empress Dowager Cixi sat is still in there!
And then there's kungfu...
And happy birthday to Yong Cheng (the one whose eyes cannot be seen :P) in advance! :)
Labels: day 48 in Beijing

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home