a smiley face.
These days, I very often find myself walking out of the office building with a big smile on my face. I feel like a mad woman, but I can't help it because I think of the small, silly things my colleagues do and talk about that are funny or that just give me a very at-home kind of feel. I'm also surprised that I can grow to like my colleagues, specifically my lunch kakis, so much in less than a month. I've become very used to having lunch with them and listen to them talk rubbish (most of the times). Even if I don't know some of the Chinese phrases they use, I can still laugh very heartily. hahaha.
And I've got a colleague who really likes to have lunch with me now :) Today, I was at the 3rd level audio suite till about noon. That's about the time when people at the 20th storey - where our office is - start going for lunch together. I met her at the canteen, and she told me she was actually looking for me just now. Then later back at the office, she asked where I went again just now, and said we must have lunch together tomorrow okay? She repeated that again when we knocked off together. LOL :P I don't know how to put it, but it just feels good to be able to interact with my Chinese colleagues and have a group of people to hang out with :) Okay, perhaps they just think I'm an interesting character because of the way I, a Singaporean, speak - they always want to imitate me -_- TSK TSK. I remember once, my male colleague asked if even the guys in Singapore speak in such a high-pitched tone like me. LOL. I told him, er...actually that's not a feature of Singaporeans, that's a layming thing. hahaha :P
Anyway, on a separate note, I went to do an interview on Sunday at an international school in the Shunyi district, and guess what? I got HOPELESSLY LOST. I was supposed to take the bus 942 at Dongzhimenwai, but I just couldn't find the bus-stop. I didn't want to cab all the way down cos it would have been very expensive, and I didn't want to spend more time looking for the bus stop because I don't want to be late so I thought, alright then, let me just take a bus that will bring me to the Shunyi area and I can hop onto a cab from there. So I jumped on bus 970, seeing that it would bring me to Shunyi TV station. That was about 11 stops from where I was. But but but, after 7 or 8 stops, I knew I couldn't stay on the bus any longer because I was going WAYYYYYYY off!! Seriously, I started to panic when I saw aeroplanes taking off! That meant that I was even beyond the airport! Too far! So I got off the bus immediately, and I could feel my legs turning jelly. Honestly, they were jelly for a while.
I walked towards civilisation - there was just one small little estate around and a few illegal taxis - to try and get a cab. I walked down the road and up again before I got a cab, very fortunately. The cab driver didn't know exactly where the place was so I had to call my interviewee for help. And guess what, I was really way off because the cab fare actually came up to 23 RMB -_- But in any case, I'm just glad I got there safely in the end. And that was the day I learnt that Beijing is REALLY REALLY REALLY vast. No joke man. I'm wondering when reporting in Beijing will start to be more like what I'm used to back home. hahaha. But the good thing was, the international movie week that I covered yesterday, very much went smoothly, thank goodness. hahaha :P
Alrighty, I'm tired. I think it's the age catching up. hahaha :P It's not even 1am and I want to sleep already. LOL. Till the next time then! :)
And I've got a colleague who really likes to have lunch with me now :) Today, I was at the 3rd level audio suite till about noon. That's about the time when people at the 20th storey - where our office is - start going for lunch together. I met her at the canteen, and she told me she was actually looking for me just now. Then later back at the office, she asked where I went again just now, and said we must have lunch together tomorrow okay? She repeated that again when we knocked off together. LOL :P I don't know how to put it, but it just feels good to be able to interact with my Chinese colleagues and have a group of people to hang out with :) Okay, perhaps they just think I'm an interesting character because of the way I, a Singaporean, speak - they always want to imitate me -_- TSK TSK. I remember once, my male colleague asked if even the guys in Singapore speak in such a high-pitched tone like me. LOL. I told him, er...actually that's not a feature of Singaporeans, that's a layming thing. hahaha :P
Anyway, on a separate note, I went to do an interview on Sunday at an international school in the Shunyi district, and guess what? I got HOPELESSLY LOST. I was supposed to take the bus 942 at Dongzhimenwai, but I just couldn't find the bus-stop. I didn't want to cab all the way down cos it would have been very expensive, and I didn't want to spend more time looking for the bus stop because I don't want to be late so I thought, alright then, let me just take a bus that will bring me to the Shunyi area and I can hop onto a cab from there. So I jumped on bus 970, seeing that it would bring me to Shunyi TV station. That was about 11 stops from where I was. But but but, after 7 or 8 stops, I knew I couldn't stay on the bus any longer because I was going WAYYYYYYY off!! Seriously, I started to panic when I saw aeroplanes taking off! That meant that I was even beyond the airport! Too far! So I got off the bus immediately, and I could feel my legs turning jelly. Honestly, they were jelly for a while.
I walked towards civilisation - there was just one small little estate around and a few illegal taxis - to try and get a cab. I walked down the road and up again before I got a cab, very fortunately. The cab driver didn't know exactly where the place was so I had to call my interviewee for help. And guess what, I was really way off because the cab fare actually came up to 23 RMB -_- But in any case, I'm just glad I got there safely in the end. And that was the day I learnt that Beijing is REALLY REALLY REALLY vast. No joke man. I'm wondering when reporting in Beijing will start to be more like what I'm used to back home. hahaha. But the good thing was, the international movie week that I covered yesterday, very much went smoothly, thank goodness. hahaha :P
Alrighty, I'm tired. I think it's the age catching up. hahaha :P It's not even 1am and I want to sleep already. LOL. Till the next time then! :)
Labels: day 30 in Beijing

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home