layming the jetsetter.

Monday, February 9, 2009

first day of work.

My first day at work was not too bad, there wasn't much to do anyway. Went in, met my supervisors, surfed the company's website to understand what they do and went for lunch.

Lunch was at the staff cafeteria, and the food there is actually quite nice! HAHAHA :) Best of all, it's buffet-style and it's FOC! wahahaha :)

Learnt how to use the mini-MD recorder and was sent out to do some street interviews. Almost fainted and died, but it wasn't too bad la. People are friendlier than I expected, and it wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be, but still, if only more people were able to respond to my questions. But it's okay, I'll learn as I go along :)

I have a feeling I might be thrown into the deep end pretty soon because tomorrow I'll be tagging along with a reporter to do some interviews to familiarise myself with the workflow, learn editing and stuff, and I suspect I'm expected to work independently after that. Sounds scary hor? *kia kia* (hokkien) hahaha.

On another note, it's the last day of Chinese New Year and it felt so much like a war-zone outside man! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! Those fireworks and firecrackers just kept going off! The noise only stopped at 11plus. On our 15-minute walk home, everywhere we looked and every corner we turned, there were people lighting crackers and fireworks! Machiam no need money to buy one you know! TSK TSK TSK.

It was so kua zhang that we had to walk a distance, stop for awhile, make sure it's safe, walk another short distance, stop and look out for danger again. There was this guy lighting one BIG bunch of firecrackers and those crackers that make really loud BOOM sounds near the entrance to our apartment so we actually made a dash to "safe zone" cos we didn't know when he was going to light the next one! I think some China man was laughing at us for running so hurriedly la! LOL :P

Anyway, this is how I looked on my first day of work. hahaha. Not very comfortable leh...cos not very me to dress like this. LOL :P So...I think I'm going to dress down starting tomorrow. heh :P

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]