layming the jetsetter.

Monday, March 9, 2009

a lousy "chapteh" and yummy oysters.

There is this popular sport here that's exactly like our chapteh back home, except that the chapteh here feels much better to kick, and it seems to be easier to keep it in the air. So, being the everything-also-must-try tourists that we are, Yong Cheng bought a chapteh from the supermart in school for 3RMB (there are places selling for 2RMB) and we played during our lunch break.

All was well, until its feathers started coming off about 15 minutes into the game. And then you know what, once the chapteh came to me, and I kicked it, ONLY TO SEE AND HEAR IT DISINTEGRATE. Literally disintegrate. Like, totally -_- So much for a 3-dollar chapteh that doesn't last more than half an hour.

This was how it looked:And the boys desperately tried to put it back together. They wanted to trick someone else into kicking it just for the cheap thrill of seeing that person's shocked face when the chapteh disintegrates -_- hahaha.
And on Saturday after class, I went down to some atas place on east fourth ring road to film an event with my colleague, who brought her husband along. Even though the event was a little boring, I had fun (again) talking with my colleague and her husband! Actually, I was a little surprised when I learnt that this colleague of mine is married because she's only 3 years older than me. Haha. She told me the reason behind her getting married last October: It's actually because her husband is older (how old? he's 29 this year) and all his friends are already married, no one is single, so he has no company anymore, that's why they married. Hmmm. To say the truth, I never expected this kind of a reason. Haha. Anyway, here's what the high-class residential estate looks like:
And just now, Yin Yin and I went down to Xidan to get our travel guides before going to this snack street for dinner. If you ever go to that street - along Heng Er Tiao (横二条), I strongly encourage you to try this:
The oysters are big and fresh, and more importantly: CHEAP and GOOD! 5RMB each. But of course, the tolerance level of every individual's stomach is different la, so don't try if you are the kind who might not be able to adapt to a different food culture, and have low tolerance to this kind of streetside snacks. hahaha. Please don't start nagging about how I should watch hygiene and all ah, I'll ask you to shut up. hahaha :P

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]