layming the jetsetter.

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I am young, so...

Sorry my friends, this blog post might seem a little out of place, but because I'm going to submit this blog for a competition - ahem - so this entry has to be here! heh :)

I am young, so I jump at every opportunity to travel!

I strongly believe in the statement I just made because the clock is ticking, if you don't cherish every chance you have to see the outside world now, you might come to regret it in future. Or maybe, decades down the road when you feel like you finally have enough money and time to travel, you might be too old for certain activities. LOL :P

That's why I try to go out of Singapore whenever I can (and of course, when finances permit) - Taipei, Bangkok, Hong Kong for a 5-month exchange, Taiwan again - Taipei, Kenting and Tainan, Korea - Seoul and Incheon, Hong Kong again, and now Beijing for a 5-and-a-half-month work and study programme - all within the last 2 years, I'm quite satisfied with this "record" actually. haha :P

But yea, I should venture out of Asia next time. I want to visit Australia and Europe someday!!!

Anyway, I think travelling, with friends especially, and also staying at a place long-term, like on exchange or attachment, is a good learning experience and an enriching journey of self-discovery. It's when you start to realise what kind of a traveller you are, what kind of a person you are, how you cope with living with other people who have such different characters from the friends you usually hang out with, how streetsmart you are etc etc.

I wouldn't go on harping on why we should all take the chance to travel when we're still young, cos I'm sure you already know, so I'm just going to say, "really, Singapore is too small, we need to walk out, walk out of our comfort zone, be exposed to other cultures and embrace the joy of travelling!" :)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]